Adei Foundation aims to drive socio-economic development through technology in Côte d’Ivoire and throughout the region, by strengthening the building blocks of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, while applying a gender lens.
We're looking for a grant writer to identify potential funders, analyze their giving priorities and write letters of inquiry and full grant proposals for select foundations. Through research, they will create a calendar of one year's worth of available grants that are nationally, regionally and internationally available.
Our organization is in its early stages. We want to develop into a thriving self-sustaining social enterprise, and to achieve that we need to focus our efforts on fund sourcing and proposal development. The pro bono grant writing expert will work directly with our Executive Director to help us tell a powerful story to potential funders!
Our team will supply you with background information about the organization and past grant applications to ensure you are properly supported and informed throughout the project.
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Be familiar with Adei Foundation’s programs, goals and financial needs.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal, and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmission.
- Enter and monitor tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplish Adei Foundation’s goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Top-shelf research skills
- Ability to understand the needs of both Adei Foundation and the organization that is offering the grant money
- Great organizational skills
- Being able to understand and execute complex instructions
- Outstanding computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or similar preferred.
- Proven work experience as grant writer or similar