OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This role will direct the marketing schedule for social media postings, create relevant content and press releases to drive community engagement and elevate planning for growth and development. Additionally, this role will work directly with the communications division as an active member of the organization to create and further spread awareness for our cause.
· Create social media content for posting and distribution according to the growth and needs of the organization.
· Create and execute an actionable social media plan to continuously engage the community in our organization’s event schedules.
· Advise committee on new or trending social media outlets to create a broader audience and engage potential sponsors.
· Support and link our social media content with our website blog.
· Develop press releases for events with a distribution schedule, directing necessary support to prioritize release channels.
· Perform any additional tasks related to the position as delegated by team members aligned with the particular channel of support.
· Some social media experience, preferably for a non-profit or advocacy group
· Experience executing a growth-driven strategy on social media platforms
· A strong understanding of social metrics
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Proficient with social media and press release scheduling
· Ability to create content and push it out in real time
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights…