The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation Inc. (DMFLF), a 501(c)(3) organization is working to close the financial literacy gap in our country and build stronger, financially literate communities -- one student, one classroom, one school at a time. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation created and provides an eight-unit curriculum that includes lessons, activities, and the highest quality to schools and teachers at no cost. We have developed a student-centered financial literacy curriculum that is standards-based and provides 60 hours for high school students. We are presently engaging schools and educators within central New Jersey communities and would appreciate your support in expanding our financial literacy education program for teens and advance our vision of “A Financially FIT America.” The Foundation works closely with educators, opinion makers, business leaders, and families to dramatically improve financial literacy and better prepare the next generation for a lifetime of better financial decisions.
Volunteering Program Requirements:
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation (DMFLF) offers unpaid volunteering opportunities to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Volunteers will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest. In order to be considered, the applicant must:
· Be available to work 15–22 hours per week during regular business hours at DMFLF HQ Princeton, NJ for a time length of at least 10 to 12 weeks.
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer and subject matter competency.
· Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small, and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
· Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the DMFLF mission, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Although this is not a paid position, Volunteers will gain first-hand, individualistic experience in working in all facets of a non-profit organization, especially within their focus areas. Volunteers will be able to attend our fundraisers and other events and activities as identified. Volunteers will participate and become actively involved in the actual operational activities of the organization and will leave this experience with a professional understanding of the non-profit world that will serve them as they proceed professionally. We will very gladly provide a reference to all our Volunteers upon request.
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Have a high level of computer and ability to research on the internet
· Experience working in a nonprofit setting is preferred
This position stays open all year round.
The DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation was created to teach children basic financial and economic literacy skills to promote life-long financial health. DoughMain Financial Literacy Foundation Inc. (DMFLF), a 501…