To apply, click this link: http://volunteers.humanesociety.org/index.php?section=volunteerOpportunities&action=view&fwID=794
Help protect prairie dogs
The Prairie Dog Conflict Resolution Team is looking for field projects volunteers (click to view position description) to assist with prairie dog relocations, coexistence techniques and associated field work. Field sites are urban and rural prairie dog colonies; Front Range Colorado-focused. Join our fun team and learn coexistence and wildlife reintroduction tactics.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers will learn more about prairie dogs and our work to protect them, and strengthen their animal caretaking skills.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers:
- Able to meet the requirements specified in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic animal handling skills, including capture and restraint
- Basic animal behavior knowledge
- Able to follow detailed instructions in potentially high stress or emotionally-challenging situations
- Tetanus and rabies vaccinations recommended
- Wildlife knowledge/experience and veterinary/vet tech/EMT background pluses
- Volunteers have an initial commitment of one project (lasting approximately 4-6 hours for 2-3 days). We prefer volunteers commit to work at least 2-3 days/week throughout the season (late summer through November).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must wear an HSUS volunteer shirt (provided) and closed-toed shoes during on-site work.
- Must have email and text access to respond to team scheduling and volunteer-related messages.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application (click Apply Now above). Note: All applicants will be asked to upload a completed Essential Capabilities document when you apply.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.