Description: Adoption counselors do the fantastically rewarding work of connecting our animals to loving guardians. This position requires a high level of consistency and professionalism, as you are entrusted with the ultimate responsibility - deciding if an adopter is well suited to care for our animals.
Reports To: Foster and Adoption Manager
Location of Work: Remote
Schedule: Days/hours vary based on the number of animals in care and the availability of your peers.
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per/wk. We request a minimum of 3 months in this role.
1) Adoption Process:
● Review applications, interview prospective adopters and assess their suitability as a match.
o Reach out to screened applicants within 24 hours of receiving the application.
● Gather information about each pet’s personality, activity, needs, and medical clearance.
● Counsel potential adopters on our expectations, an animal’s behavior, and its specific needs.
● Make suggestions for an appropriate match, based on the unique needs of that pet.
o If you determine a given applicant is excellent, but not a match for the particular animal
they applied for, attempt to transition them into our People Focused Adoption program.
● Verify the applicant’s veterinarian references and the residential pet policy of the applicant
● If necessary, work with the Foster parent and the applicant to schedule a meet & greet.
● Finalize the adoption process via our database system.
● Consistently maintain accurate data in the ShelterLuv adoption database.
● Work closely with the Adoption and Foster Manager, Application Coordinator, and peers.
● Respond to all emails, FB posts, and Slack messages in a timely and professional manner.
● Inform the foster and the applicant of how the adoption finalization process works
● Evaluate the adoption process and make suggestions for improvements.
Qualifications: Are you?
● A positive and professional teammate?
● An animal lover, committed to saving the lives of animals in need?
● An equally good people-person?
● Willing to learn about animal behavior and a variety of situations an adopter may encounter?
● An excellent communicator?
● Cool under pressure, able to calmly navigate high-pressure situations?
● Able to engage in discussions with others about commitments.
● Extremely organized?
● Willing to gain a deep understanding of the adoption process?
● Willing to maintain open, honest, and frequent communications.
● Familiar with Google Sheets, Slack, and/or other administrative and data entry systems?
● Have access to a phone, computer, and internet access?
If this sounds like you, please help Louie’s Legacy achieve our Vision to help rescue more animals, more efficiently, by working in a positive, professional and collaborative way with our community.
Important note - All Louie’s Legacy volunteers with access to internal communications, financial information, or personally identifying information must also:
● Be 18 years old or older
● Commit to demonstrating the values outlined in our Organizational Cultural Agreement.
● Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to maintain a safe and responsible relationship with our volunteers, donors, fosters, and adopters.
Description: Adoption counselors do the fantastically rewarding work of connecting our animals to loving guardians. This position requires a high level of consistency and professionalism, as you are entrusted with the ultimate…