We are looking for a volunteer or intern that can serve as our Volunteer Coordinator on the coast of Bahia in beautiful, Itacare. Our Coordinator positions are our most advanced volunteer positions, that require the greatest amount of responsibility from our volunteers. These positions offer an incredible learning experience that will look fantastic on any resume, while also boosting an applicant's competitiveness in a tough job market.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be expected to help us recruit, manage and support our team of international volunteers. Interns may also be able to receive university credit for their work with our NGO.
- Responding to e-mail inquiries and volunteer applications
- Welcoming volunteers upon arrival and organizing their taxi pickups and bedrooms
- Leading volunteer inductions and bike tours of Itacaré
- Helping volunteers plan and follow through on their goals and commitments
- Managing the volunteer house and office
- Organizing fun cultural and recreational activities with the volunteers
- Supporting community events and supervising volunteers in their projects to ensure that their volunteer experience is both challenging, rewarding and making a positive difference to the families and communities here in Itacaré.
- Conducting midterm and exit interviews
- To create their own structure and work independently without anyone micro-managing their work. (However, interns will receive regular supervision from the director or an ETIV staff member.)
- Basic to intermediate Portuguese
- Be a motivated self-starter with good conflict resolution skills.
- 3 months minimum and 4 to 6 months time commitment preferred for all coordinators (however we do welcome applications for volunteers/interns that can only stay 1-3 months)
- Strong leadership, social and organizational skills.
- Patience, flexibility and punctuality.