The Advertising and Marketing Volunteer is responsible for providing support for the marketing
department. The volunteer will assist with all business needs related to marketing, promotion and fundraising support with an emphasis on outbound marketing communications.
Purpose of role
The purpose of the role is to inform the people about Africa Health Organisation (AHO) and convince people about existence of our products and services and enhance the image of the charity, point out and create a need for products or services, demonstrate new uses for established services and announce new programmes and services.
- Assist with content writing for the website, blog, social media and sales and marketing collateral
- Assist with customer testimonial and case study writing and submission/approval process
- Coordinate and improve processes related to creative filing and management of marketing graphics, collateral, business cards, images, etc.
- Order various materials for promotion and marketing; collateral, posters, business cards, etc.
- Update current media matrix defining key offers, creative unique phone #’s etc.
- Assist with event planning for conferences, fairs, tradeshows and other key events
- Collaborate with marketing to create new ideas for campaigns to support lead generation efforts
- Assist with writing marketing strategy and plan
- Conduct Competitive Analysis
- Conduct Market Research
- Organize all print media for easy access and fundraising use
- Assist with Press Release and distribution
- Assist with website and blog updates via WordPress
- Other roles as assigned
Skills and Knowledge
- Qualification in marketing, business studies, economics, communication and media studies, multimedia and film/television
- Excellent computer knowledge for PC environments with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Team Player with a cooperative spirit
- Quick Learner and Efficient