Hands of Grace Africa is supported by many volunteers who are an essential part of our team! The commitment and hard work of our volunteers have played a key role in achieving our positive impact. Volunteering with us offers an opportunity to make a difference in a local community while discovering the unique Ugandan culture, making new friends and having a rewarding experience you will remember for the rest of your life. As you gain valuable learning experience, your work helps us in meeting our objective of providing solutions to the most urgent needs and problems in the community via our programs that have a positive impact. We offer a number of services to the community; therefore there is a wide range of activities in which you can participate, on-site and off-site, from your home town. The international volunteer opportunities offered through Projects Abroad allow you to not only provide beneficial aid and services to your community but also gain new insight into your adopted country and culture. You’ll meet new people, learn about a new culture, live in a new environment, and provide meaningful support to those that need it most.
What international volunteer opportunities are available?
We have hundreds of different international opportunities. Our projects are designed to allow you to make a real difference in someone’s life. Whether you choose to volunteer with children in Uganda, Medical support to the needy, Women empowerment, Youth empowerment, School programs, Poverty alleviation, Building project, Evangelism, build a community center in Uganda , your time and efforts will make a significant impact.
What Sets volunteer opportunity Africa Apart?
1. Working year-round at our 10 sites builds strong relationships with our host families and other community partners, making our programs safe, culturally immersive, and developmentally impactful.
2. Our programs are structured and supportive, with ongoing educational and cultural activities, logistical advice, and round-the-clock safety and security support provided by our dedicated site team staff.
3. We offer rigorous participatory development, community engagement, cultural integration and project management training that participants apply in the field.
4. We are as much (if not more) concerned about community outcomes as participant learning outcomes.
5. Our program frameworks, values, and partnerships reflect our community outcome priorities; this deepens the participant experience through critical reflection on issues of power, privilege, social identity, and the role of international development.
Hands of Grace Africa is supported by many volunteers who are an essential part of our team! The commitment and hard work of our volunteers have played a key role in achieving our positive impact. Volunteering with us offers an opportunity to…
Be The Change in The World: Volunteer Abroad
Real Change.Serious Development. You can create, nurture and sustain the well-being of the world’s children on community-led projects with Global Volunteers. Join a team of short-term volunteers providing essential resources in homes, classrooms, clinics and hospitals, orphanages, childcare and community centers, libraries, government offices, farm fields, and more. Share your skills and exceed your own expectations – helping children and families reach their greatest potential.
I have limited mobility—can I still volunteer?
People with disabilities or chronic health conditions can still benefit greatly from volunteering. In fact, research has shown that adults with disabilities or health conditions ranging from hearing and vision loss to heart disease, diabetes or digestive disorders all show improvement after volunteering.
Whether due to a disability, a lack of transportation, or time constraints, many people choose to volunteer their time via phone or computer. There are many projects where you can help. Writing and graphic design lends itself to working at home, and in today’s digital age many organizations might also need help with email and websites.
If you think home-based volunteering might be right for you, contact us . Some volunteer organizations may require you to attend an initial training or periodical meetings. You also want to make sure that you are getting enough social contact, and that the organization is available to support you should you have questions.