YCore is a social impact fellowship that helps you make a difference today while building tools for tomorrow. We partner teams of young professionals with community-based nonprofits to tackle important projects.
How it works:
- Work closely with a local nonprofit and four peers on a strategically significant project
- Grow your skills and perspective on community issues
- Learn about design thinking, fundraising, nonprofit management, social systems, and more
- Join a lifelong community of like-minded change-makers and friends
We are accepting applications for the following roles:
- Partner with a local nonprofit to identify and scope a strategically significant, capacity-building project.
- Lead a team of 3-4 peers as they execute the project over the course of 4 months.
- Grow your project management and leadership skills.
- Build strong relationships in the nonprofit sector and join a lifelong community of like-minded change-makers and friends.
- Learn how to fundraise by meeting a $2000 financial commitment to YCore. We give you all the tools to succeed; no previous experience necessary
- Time Commitment: 1-2 hrs/week for the three-month scoping period and 5-8 hrs/week during the 4-month project execution, including bi-weekly workshops on zoom, weekly team meetings, and bi-weekly project lead check-ins
- Team up with a nonprofit and four peers on a pre-scoped project that builds your partner organization's capacity to succeed in its mission.
- Grow your skills and perspective to be a more effective volunteer, donor and advocate. Our workshops dig into topics like fundraising, donating, nonprofit basics, design thinking, understanding social issues, and more.
- Join a lifelong community of like-minded change-makers and friends.
- Learn how to fundraise by meeting a $1500 financial commitment to YCore. We give you all the tools to succeed; no previous experience necessary
- Time Commitment: 5 hours per week outside of work for the 4-month project period, including bi-weekly workshops on zoom and weekly team meetings
Our Summer cohort runs from June-October 2021, Fall cohort from October 2021-February 2022
Learn more at: www.ycore.org/bay-area