COMPETITION OVERVIEW & IMPORTANT RESOURCES:
The VEI National Business Plan Competition challenges VE students from across the country to demonstrate their global business expertise through written submissions and oral presentations. As a judge, you will use the VE Competition Manager to score the following:
- Executive Summaries - each judge will be assigned a set of submissions to be rated prior to the day of the live competition
- Oral Business Plan Presentations and Q&A sessions - live Video Conference meetings where students present, then respond to judges’ questions
- Zoom Link: Provided before day of event
The important resources listed below have been developed to help you prepare for judging, and we thank you in advance for reviewing them prior to serving as an NBPC judge:
- Judge Training Page - This webpage contains important information about VE, competitions overview, our online scoring tool (Competitions Manager), presentation formats, and troubleshooting support.
- Business Plan Competition Rubrics - This document contains both the Executive Summary and Oral Presentation rubrics, judging criteria, and scoring key for the competition.
HOW TO JUDGE:
- Use the Competition Link below to Create an Account or Sign In: link will be provided before competition
- NEW JUDGES: You will be asked to Create an Account by entering First Name, Last Name, email address, and then choose a password. Please make note of your email address (username) and password.
- RETURNING JUDGES: Sign in
- Once logged in, you will be brought to the Business Plan Competition Details Page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue JUDGE button, and you will be taken to a screen where you can see the entries assigned to be scored.
- Notice the name of the competition at the top and the judging scoring key listed. Select a firm from the Assigned Submissions to begin judging. The 2021-22 National Business Plan Competition will be scored in two parts:
- Executive Summary (20%): To be scored PRIOR to the day of the live competition
- Business Plan Presentation (60%) and Q&A session (20%): To be scored ON THE DAY of the live competition
- Each section of a firm’s submission will be scored using the 5-star scoring system, and by providing feedback by section (encouraged, but not required). An Overall Comment is required for each entry. In an effort to avoid multiple tied scores, PLEASE make every effort to provide accurate and individual feedback (i.e., reserve the 5-Star rating for the truly exceptional entries).
- To enter your ratings/feedback for each firm:
- Click the appropriate tab at the top of the page (Executive Summary or Business Plan Presentation)
- Executive Summary (prior to event day): enter ratings and feedback for the 4-page Executive Summary and click SAVE. You can select “Back to Submissions” at the top to ensure your ratings and feedback have been received. Judges have the ability to go back and edit ratings after saving by clicking the firm name and returning to the scoring page.
- Business Plan Presentation (on event day): return to the firm’s ratings page by following steps 1-4 above, and then selecting the firm’s submission to reopen the scoring interface. During or following the firm’s Oral Presentation and Q&A session, you will enter the ratings and feedback associated with the presentation and Q&A, and click SAVE
On behalf of VE and each of our facilitators and students, we thank you for sharing your time and expertise.
Sign up here.