Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Volunteers. The Director is primarily responsible for recruiting and interviewing all remote and field teams.
- The position is based on Lesvos, Greece or remotely as preferred.
- Duration of the position is six months, with preference for applicants capable of serving at least one year.
- The position includes training and review materials.
- The position is unpaid though a modest reimbursement is provided for operational costs.
- Evaluates volunteer applications and conducts interviews for recruitment
- Organizes administrative files for each team and updates team calendar.
- Liaises regularly with Executive Director to ensure the effective and thorough training of field volunteers.
- Regularly maintains contact with all volunteers active in teams.
- Facilitates weekly logistics Skype call.
- Communicates monthly with the Board of Directors or as needed.
- Completed/enrolled in a Graduate degree. Law preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant coordinator experience (required).
- Demonstrated experience with working with refugees and asylum-seekers.
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic, Greek, Farsi an asset.