About this role:
The International Mental Health Association (IMHA) is recruiting a Global Mental Health Development Volunteer to support organizational activities focused on global mental health in communities across North America, specifically in the San Francisco Bay Area. We love our work and want to continue expanding efforts in the coming years. In this role, you'll be identifying and applying for appropriate funding opportunities - prior experience in this arena is necessary for success in this role.
• This is a voluntary position that requires a minimum of 5 hours/week commitment
• We ask for a 3 month commitment initially, if we like working together, you're welcome to stay longer!
What you'll be doing:
• Opportunity Identification - Finding funding opportunities that align with current and planned programming across North America, with a focus on the San Francisco Bay Area
• Outreach Activities - Drafting and sending letters of inquiry, connecting with foundations, expanding IMHA's network
• Application Management - Once you find a funding opportunity, we'll ask you to follow through with the application - this involves research, outreach and lots of writing
Essential for this role:
• Passion for mental health and commitment to social justice
• Prior experience with identifying and applying for grants in impact spaces
• Flexibility, creativity, humility and humor
• Ability to work from home
• Advanced-level English skills
About our team:
Our team is based across Africa, Asia and North America with backgrounds in management, marketing, social work, psychology and education. We're committed to approaching mental health in creative, culturally-grounded and trauma-informed ways. Our work style is responsive to the needs of the communities we work with, so flexibility is key - we'd rather laugh when the internet goes out than let it derail a meeting. We appreciate your interest in joining our team and are happy to answer any questions about this role at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this role:
The International Mental Health Association (IMHA) is recruiting a Global Mental Health Development Volunteer to support organizational activities focused on global mental health in communities across North America…
To apply, please include your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you're excited to join our team and how you'd like to contribute.