The purpose of this role is to support the CEO and coordinate fundraising activities across the world and supervise Fundraising Managers in your local area
Purpose of Role:
- To support the charities long-term financial sustainability.
- To explore a variety of funding streams that could be suitable for the charity.
- To increase the contributions of individuals and groups to the charity by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources.
- Raise awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals.
- Line manage Volunteer Managers.
- This exciting role is responsible for developing and maintaining a fundraising programme for AHO.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage, support, develop and run imaginative fundraising activities, some of which will be events-based.
- Contribute to grant applications and fundraising events.
- Inspire new supporters to raise money through regular and one-off giving, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
- Develop and broaden corporate support.
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising including social media.
- Recruit fundraising volunteers and provide an excellent standard of fundraising support to the
- general public and third-party fundraisers including ad-hoc special events such as rotary clubs.
- Responsible for the management and execution of an agreed number of community fundraising events.
- Provide them with the necessary fundraising materials, such as sponsor forms, a t-shirt and training advice.
- Line manage and provide support to Fundraising Managers.
- Maintain and update the fundraising and communications budgets, with the CEO.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop, evaluate and update a strategic plan to guide fundraising activities and revenue generation in order to further build AHO’s base of support.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and Grants Coordinator to have a good overall understanding of all revenue streams.
- Work with the Director to raise the profile of the charity.
- Raise awareness of the charity, its service, successes and plans in the local community and through social media and the local press.
- Write and speak to a wide range of audiences as needed.
- Deliver presentations to interested groups and to attend events as an AHO representative.
- Plan, budget and forecast fundraising income.
- Preparation of fundraising reports for Trustees meetings.
- Maintaining the fundraising database and documents.
- Write and design Organisational fundraising materials.
- Contribute updates of fundraising events and activities for quarterly newsletters.
- Write appeals and direct mail in collaboration with another team members.
- Manage the web site fundraising content, including the blog.
- Awareness of fundraising best practice and legislation, ensuring compliance with the Charities Act and the Institute of Fundraising and FRSB codes of practice.
- Network with other fundraisers and charity staff when possible
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- Qualification in any subject or equivalent.
- 2 year of professional experience in fundraising or managing fundraisers.
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of AHO.
- Well established and practiced organizational and planning skills, extensive knowledge and experience of charity fundraising.