Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Positions Reporting To This One
Individual Sponsorship Manager, Corporate Sponsorship Manager
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) (or the Board in the absence of an ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts and further expand the Development department as GeekGirlCon continues to grow. The Director will have the opportunity to revive this role and build the development function.
- Work with Individual Sponsorship Manager and Corporate Sponsorship Manager to develop and execute GeekGirlCon’s annual fundraising plan
- Set annual departmental sub-budget in coordination with Director of Operations; review expenses and update spending needs annually
- Keep Board of Directors apprised of annual fundraising goals and donor stewardship activities; work with the Board to develop specific fundraising opportunities
- Maintain oversight of individual, foundation/government and corporate fundraising campaigns
- Oversee and maintain donor database and tracking system, including prospective donor research and corporate matching gift listing
- Develop and track proposals and reporting for all foundation and government grants
- Manage the implementation of donation tracking, gift processing, and donor acknowledgement
- Create comprehensive stewardship plan for individual and corporate sponsors with input from development team members
- Attend and/or plan meetings with prospects and current donors to secure gifts and provide organizational updates
- Ensure GeekGirlCon representation at various networking and community fundraising events
- Coordinate with other departments to include fundraising opportunities when appropriate as well as donor recognition
- Previous fundraising or development experience required; experience in all facets of fundraising a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as drive your own workload
- Working proficiency of MS Excel or Google Suite
What It Means to Volunteer as GeekGirlCon Staff
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 10-15 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!