The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
The BCI combines content knowledge and expertise with proven experience in creating online courses and high quality digital and media assets.
We are looking for a digital learning designer to be part of a growing team to design and develop content for a number of new digital courses in the field of blockchain, AI technologies and climate change.
As a Learning Designer you will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle from design through to evaluation. The Learning Designer should work with the BCI’s subject matter experts to create online course materials, and digital learning resources.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the BCI’s subject matter experts and learning technologists, create compelling digital learning experiences to meet learning outcomes.
- Identify project objectives and define learning outcomes utilising established learning design theories, practices, and methods.
- Design and evaluate courses that are interactive, engaging and provide a compelling learner experience.
- Co-create engaging learning activities and compelling module content, working with the BCI’s learning technologists to create instructional graphics, web content and media as appropriate.
- Guide and train other team members in the discipline of learning design for online learning.
- Review and adapt module content post-delivery, to ensure consistency and alignment with our online teaching best practices.
- Contribute to the unit’s communications with internal and external stakeholders as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts;
- Excellent English writing;
- Close attention to details.
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of learning approaches; familiarity with knowledge management practices;
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training:
- Strong educational background (degree level), preferably in the fields of online learning, pedagogy, education;
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the use of technology in education;
- Understanding of current trends in the technology used in eLearning and blended learning solutions;
- Ability to review and evaluate modules to ensure they are effective.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Learning Designer;
- Expertise relating to pedagogical concepts and lesson/curriculum planning;
- Evidence of prior experience in online and blended learning design;
- Experience in digital learning development role (with learning design expertise).