The Board Chair is a member of the Board of Directors responsible for leading the board and setting the tone for all board members of Brady’s K9 Fund. The chair will serve as the chief volunteer of Brady’s K9 Fund and be responsible for overseeing governance and policy setting, with a focus on mission, direction, priorities and evaluation. The chair will have a significant influence on how the board can be instrumental in their fundraising goals, given Brady’s K9 Fund is in its critical growth stage.
In addition to overseeing board and committee meetings, the Chair will also be responsible for supporting recruitment, and assessing the performance of board members and the Executive Director. The two are expected to meet regularly to collaboratively drive the organization’s mission forward with a common understanding of Brady’s K9 Fund goals and the strategies needed to get there.
· Chair meetings of the Board after developing the agenda with the Executive Director
· Recruit and appoint effective Committee Chairs in consultation with other Board members
· Serve ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited
· Establish long term and short term goals for Brady’s K9 Fund
· Develop a Strategic Plan and encourage board’s role in strategic planning
Funding & Financial Management
· Contribute 2.5K annually to the organization
· Play a leading role in fundraising activities and raise sufficient funds to ensure Brady’s K9 Fund meets its objectives
· Develop and approve annual budget and monitor financial planning and financial reports.
Advocacy and Governance
· Understand and publicize the work of Brady’s K9 Fund in the community
· Inspire confidence in the organization and relate our services to other groups
· Advocate for public policy, funding for working dogs and other initiatives that advance revitalization of Brady’s K9 Fund with government, businesses and individuals
· Help guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns
· Discuss issues confronting the organization with the Executive Director
· Review with the Executive Director any issues of concern to the Board
· Regularly review and evaluate operations and standards of organization performance for other Board Members as well as the Executive Director
· Evaluate annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission
· Perform other responsibilities assigned by the Board
The Board Chair is a member of the Board of Directors responsible for leading the board and setting the tone for all board members of Brady’s K9 Fund. The chair will serve as the chief volunteer of Brady’s K9 Fund and be responsible for…