Summary of Position and Project Goal:
The goal of the Campus Compact of Oregon Summer VISTA Program Leader is to increase the social emotional, educational outcomes for Black, Indigenous, Youth of Color, low income, and immigrant and refugee youth. The leader will support 6 Summer VISTA Associates through an 8 week long program and develop programming/training/curriculum over the duration of summer.
- Support Summer VISTA Associates with one-on-one near peer support, solve any issues or barriers, and provide daily guidance during the 8 week long summer program.
- Create and maintain backend system tracking for program i.e. paperwork tracking, timesheet set up and support.
- Create training/workshop/end of service celebration materials and facilitate these spaces for the team.
- Provide program improvement feedback and create evaluations to gather information for better programming.
- Be a part of the VISTA Team and the general Campus Compact of Oregon Team attend weekly meetings and take part of our internal equity process.
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Responsibilities:
- Attending all Campus Compact of Oregon AmeriCorps VISTA required trainings and events.
- Complete and submit all Campus Compact of Oregon AmeriCorps VISTA required progress reports, timesheets, and other paperwork.
- 18 years and older
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Demonstrate a commitment to or willingness to explore issues of racial justice and equity
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident
- Able to serve full-time for the 8 week program
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check
- Valid driver’s license (if there is driving involved in service activities)
- Communication skills
- Commitment to deepening critical lens and racial justice
- Committed to self reflection
- Knowledge of excel and various forms of systems tracking
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Benefits:
- A living allowance of $2,168.88, roughly $500 every two weeks (for Oregon VISTAs serving outside of Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington, and Yamhill counties)
- An education award of $1,252.91 or cash stipend of a lesser amount upon successful completion of service
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Access to an extensive network of AmeriCorps Alum