I Am, We Are (IAWA), an innovative international youth empowerment nonprofit dedicated to tackling the issue of youth unemployment by empowering youth with the tools to confidently own their futures (www.iamweareyouth.org), is seeking a creative, versatile, and dedicated volunteer interested in playing a key role in the development of a start-up.
The Monitor and Evaluation Volunteer will work directly with IAWA's Director and Impact Assessment Committee members to assess IAWA's impact. Tasks will vary greatly, and may include:
- Support the development of monitoring systems and tools
- Review and update current evaluation tools and surveys
- Calculate, synthesize, and analyze data points for all projects
- Other administrative and support tasks as needed by the M&E team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS)
- Desire to serve youth and represent the principle of Ubuntu (human cooperativeness or I am because we are)
- Commitment to sustainable solutions, rather than "quick fixes"
- Honesty, respectfulness, resourcefulness, resiliency, self-discipline, and flexibility
- Innovation and Intrapreneurship (ability to work within structures to create something new)
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Proficient time-management skills and self-motivated
- Proficient listening skills, as well as oral and written communication skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Hands-on and real time experience in an international context; we work with people and organizations around the world
- Opportunities for leadership and decision-making; your work is integral to the development of IAWA
- Visibility; we are a small, close knit group and your voice will be seen and heard
- Both a macro and micro-level perspective on development; we work with young people, teachers, community members, as well as larger organizations and policy makers. You will get to see the ways in which these sort of partnerships unfold and the effects that they have.
- Extended network for future career options; wherever your interests may lie, IAWA can help you make unique connections with people who can help you along the way
- Skilled Volunteer
- Location: Virtual
- Part-time: 5 hours/week