The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
What will you be doing?
Our organisation is growing, and we need a motivated and adaptable individual to support our senior management team as Chief of Staff, in the Director-General's Office. The ideal candidate should be driven, experienced and looking to make a difference to international climate change governance.
As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organisation based on the priorities of the Director-General. You will oversee the operation of Director General office and assist in various aspects of organisational administration and development. The right candidate for the job will contribute to the long-term success of the organisation.
- Oversee strategic directorate-level project initiatives from development through successful execution with directorate officers.
- Assist and communicate with principal executives in decision-making, programme management, and initiative implementation.
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to cross-institute project initiatives.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organisational procedures for optimised efficiency and productivity.
- Serve as liaison officer among senior executives, heads of divisions regarding company climate, volunteers well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Assist the Assistant Director-General in resolving volunteers’ concerns (if necessary).
- Build and develop relationships with all volunteers for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with Directors and Senior Executives on special projects.
- Serve as the general programme manager handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of internal communications.
- Acts as a representative of the Director General for external liaison work.
What are we looking for?
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and research skills including critical thinking, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile and dedicated to efficiency and productivity
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with data analysis (desirable)
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management(desirable)
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills with a focus on inter-departmental communication
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using your own initiative
Education & Training:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration.
- Extensive experience in a business or executive management role.
What difference will you make?
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organisations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying and analysing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
What's in it for the volunteer?
Benefits you will get from volunteering with BCI are enormous and some include:
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge close connection.