Adriana Aviles, a Latina Mother of three is looking to make history in the June Democratic Primary. If victorious in the primary for the democratic nomination to NY City Council’s District 19, she would be the first female of Latin descent to ever accomplish such a feat.
Come join team Aviles in making history!!!! We are currently looking for volunteers who want real-life exposure to local campaign politics. If selected, you would play a big part in the campaign and learn first-hand what it takes to run for office in New York City.
District 19 includes the areas of College Point, Whitestone, Malba, Bayside, Douglaston, Little Neck, North Flushing, and Auburndale.
Volunteers may work in all departments, including: political, policy, phone canvassing, operations, scheduling, and social media.
Examples of what you would be doing include:
· Donor research.
· Phone banking
· Outreach & Prepping for campaign events.
· Conducting follow up from fundraisers.
· Helping in various administrative and staffing needs for the campaign.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· Data input and management.
Volunteer Time Commitment
· Volunteers are expected to donate at least 5 hours of their time every week.
· Interested in gaining experience and involvement in Democratic politics.
· Passionate about the ideal that anyone should be able to run for office the just those with money and power.
· No high school or college degree required.
· A positive attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment.
· The opportunity to work side by side one of the top grassroots political firms in the county.
· Unique insight into New York’s political processes.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Research and Data management skills.
· An understanding of how political campaigns operate.
· Rare chance to actually make meaningful contributions to a political campaign.
The campaign office is located at 20-16 College Point Blvd, College Point, New York, 11365
How to Apply
Please send an email explaining your interest in the campaign and your desired position along with your resume.
MORE ABOUT ADRIANA AVILES
Adriana is tired of business as usual in New York politics and wants to be the catalyst for change in our local political process. Adriana isn’t running for City Council because she’s a career politician who sees this as a stepping stone to higher office, she is running to make sure that EVERY resident, no matter where they live or what they look like, is respected and heard.She is currently president of her Community Education Council, member of her local Community Board, and an active member of the Parent Teacher Associations and school leadership teams.
ADRIANA IN THE MEDIA
Adriana Aviles, a Latina Mother of three is looking to make history in the June Democratic Primary. If victorious in the primary for the democratic nomination to NY City Council’s District 19, she would be the first female of Latin…
The Q65 bus stops right outside of the office.
Please send a resume if you have one and a few sentences explaining what you hope to get out of the opportunity.