The Class Consulting Group is a boutique management consulting firm headquartered in SFO-Bay Area that provides consulting services to senior management and Board of Directors of nonprofit/philanthropic organizations. It also offers community leadership opportunities to professionals. CLASS collaborates with its clients - the Non-Profit Organizations to help them realize their mission and create tangible value. CLASS offers business consulting services in Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources/ Organization, Finance and IT
We are looking for motivated and committed individuals to join our volunteer-driven teams.
Position Type: Volunteering (All volunteering positions at The Class Consulting Group are unpaid)
- Lead the Human Resources team and drive Talent Acquisition and Management initiatives.
- Mentor and advise management team on strategies and development of various growth initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with professional associations, HR departments and other groups to attract and retain talent.
- Responsible for creating organizational policies and processes.
- Responsible for driving organizational development initiatives.
- Developing frameworks and training programs for ensuring consistent culture across the organization.
- Responsible for growth and sound governing the organization.
- Ensure Fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
- Strongly believes in and advocates organizational values.
- Set strategic direction and overall policy.
- Oversee and give final approval and evaluate the organization’s progress toward strategic goals and ensure sufficient resources.
- Act as ambassador for the organization.
- Promote the organization’s image and public standing.
- To establish an organizational culture that embraces strategic planning and sets clearly defined goals.
- Help promote diversity.
- Report to the Board President.
- Report to full Board regarding committee decisions and recommendations.
- Work closely with the Team Director and other volunteers.
- Assign work to the committee members, set the agenda, run regular meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Initiate and lead team evaluation and KPI.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Business/HR degree from a reputed business school.
- 15+ years of experience in the area of expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment and taking initiative.
- Desire to play role in CLASS’s growth strategy.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces seen as a leader.
- Fulfill required time commitment.
- Demonstrated interest/passion in the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Willing and able to make asks on CLASS’s behalf [ambassadors].
- Visionary future orientation.
- Good communication skills, open minded and articulate.
- Strong team builder and team member.
- Leadership skills.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Attend twice in a month in person team meetings.
- Estimated time commitment: 10-15 hours/ month depending needs.
- Minimum commitment requirement is 1 Term [3 years]
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities.
- Group based learning.
- Satisfactory volunteering experience.