We are looking for Male & Female Mentors!
A mentor with the UnTapped mentor program will support and encourage the educational and personal development of our scholars and provide active guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Serve as a positive role model
- Take the lead in supporting mentees through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship
- Build the relationship by attending and participating in program activities.
- Strive for mutual respect.
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Make at least a one-year commitment
- Spend at least 4 hours a month with mentees
- Communicate with mentees weekly
- Attend training sessions provided by BeUnlimited
- Be at least 25 years old
- Be interested in working with young people from various different cultures.
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process, which includes a background check
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments.
- Attend mentor training sessions as prescribed
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
- Someone who holds our core values: Advocacy, Empowerment, Enlightenment, & Encouragement
- Willing listener and supportive
- Patient and flexible
- Tolerant and respectful of individual differences
- Good relationship building skills
Application and Screening Process
- Written application
- Provide three personal references
- Criminal history check
- Personal interview
- Attend initial mentor training