Goal: reduce cats who enter shelter system by (1) spaying/neutering owned cats (2) working with owners to fix problems before they get out of control (3) helping individuals who want to TNR/help outdoor cats to do so by providing support and structure (4) develop structures for people/organizations/companies/volunteers to access and perform TNR
- Respond to email/inquiries asking for assistance
- Coordinate rescuers who are being helped by BBAWC w listing, vetting, etc.
- Coordinate helping individuals to use our rescue vets, our rescue clinic or ASPCA services
- Coordinate courtesy listings.
- Assist with setting up programs to help rescuers/individuals (TNR classes, trainings, info sessions, etc).
- Organize and assist with large targeted TNR projects.
- Training local individuals in TNR on large projects for job training and to create a pool of individuals who we can refer people looking for trappers.
- Advise individuals doing TNR as needed
- Organize and set up handouts, links etc that can be offered to individuals, pet owners needing help.
- Setting up a call in number/email system for feeders/trapping/rescuers to utilize after large projects to maintain zero population growth in project areas.
- Coordinate/organize trap loans/carrier loans/crate loans through animal management system and setting up procedures and protocols by which they can be borrowed.
- Over time develop network of paid TNR trappers that can be referred to.
- Develop vaccine, microchip and other types of clinics of use to rescuers/feeders, etc.
- each semester ideally work with an intern to train and coordinate work and paperwork
We realize this is a heavy volunteer ask. We are working to get funding and we want to build this system - so in the beginning we think this will be a smaller project as we build the structure.
If TNR, community cats and homeless animals are important to you - this is a great opportunity to help us make a significant change in the way that outreach is done.