Events Director Responsibilities and Duties
The Events Director is responsible for working with the Chief Marketing Officer in the strategic development and implementation of and mobilization of staff, for all Claymore Operations events. This position demands a wide range of skills and duties while contributing to the creation of meaningful and impactful events that garner press and brand awareness, foster strong community relations, increase revenue, donor loyalty and acquire new supporters to Claymore Operations.
The Director must be able to demonstrate internal team leadership while employing an entrepreneurial, collaborative and results-oriented approach to lead and drive the production of high quality events that advance our brand, donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with President, Special Events & Community Coordinator in developing the strategy and overseeing the execution of Claymore Operations’s signature events.
- Assists with the development of concepts, themes and formats for other major events for the organization that engage supporters, increase brand awareness and grow revenue.
- Provides expertise to staff in the planning and execution of events.
- Negotiates with venues, consultants and vendors to secure rates that enhance budgets.
- Manages consultants and vendors prior to and during the event to ensure flawless efficiency.
- Aids in the development of budgets and oversees expenditures.
- Aids in the development of content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social media and web.
- Oversees the post-event coordination including, but not limited to debrief meetings, recognition to key constituents, financial reporting and data transfer.
- Informs and updates staff/board members throughout the event cycle as needed.
- Assists the Community Coordinator with the creation of sponsor packages.
- Manages internal and external event volunteers before and on the day of the event.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of charitable giving legal guidelines, specifically as it relates to fundraising events.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The flexibility to volunteer as needed to ensure successful events (e.g., nights, weekends, etc.).
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers and staff; display superior judgment and diplomatic skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, a professional demeanor, highly organized, ability to multitask, collaborate and be detail oriented.