The US Coalition on Sustainability is on a simple mission, to accelerate progress on achieving the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. We’re here to unify efforts and help drive unprecedented levels of collective action. We’re a non-profit that thinks and moves like a high-growth start-up. We are unleashing the full power of modern technology, data, human behavior, and industry insight and leadership to drive sustainability, NOW. Consumers are demanding it. Innovators are working on it. Brands are moving. The world is primed and ready for it. We must pick up the pace.
We launched SustainChain™ at the UN General Assembly in September. This systems-based technology platform designed to match and support peer-to-peer collaboration and propagate joint action based on common sustainability goals and challenges. At its core, it is designed to empower sustainability change-makers, the warriors in our battle against time. It is time to unify efforts and bring the full collective power and intelligence of the sustainability community to bear - practitioners, sustainability innovators, and social investors, alike.
Let’s go farther, faster, together.
Whether you’re interested in research, data science, outreach, event planning, public relations, social media, and collective action, we are seeking volunteers to help drive awareness and adoption of the recently released technology platform, SustainChain™ Join our incredible team on this exciting and critical journey and be part of the revolution as we harness the power of technology to move the needle in the decade of action!
Volunteers will have exposure to interacting with the leaders in industries and develop knowledge on collective ventures as well as identify and address areas of improvement and have the opportunity to persuade and influence.
Commitment: 20 hours per week. This volunteer opportunity is unpaid, although you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team of luminaries and world renown sustainability leaders accelerating the pace of change and have the opportunity to meet and work alongside world leaders, innovators, changemakers.
Potential projects: Participants in the volunteer program may be asked to contribute to a variety of projects within USCS. Projects could include, but will not be limited to:
1. social media strategy, management, and oversight
2. member communication, support, and management
3. civil society mobilization
4. rapid expansion of SustainChain membership and collective action efforts
5. technical documentation and API research
6. machine-learning research and design support
7. content production and editing
8. PR/marketing strategy support and outreach
9. event planning and strategy support
10. fundraising and grant writing support
Graphic Designers: If you are a graphic designer, please share your portfolio with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications: We are seeking a diverse range of candidates that meet the following attributes and skills:
● Interested in sustainability, ESG, environmental science, or a related field
● Self-driven and able to work both within a team as well as independently
● Ability to research and synthesize information quickly and coherently
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, storytelling skills
● Experience with data visualization and/or data analysis
● Experience with marketing and social media
For application submissions and questions: Please contact Jacqueline Corbelli, our Founder at email@example.com, and put “US Coalition on Sustainability Volunteer” as the subject line.
* Given the circumstances brought about by the Covid-19 Pandemic, all project activities will be completed remotely.
The US Coalition on Sustainability is on a simple mission, to accelerate progress on achieving the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. We’re here to unify efforts and help drive unprecedented levels of collective action. We’re a…