Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking marketing professionals to serve on the marketing committee. As the website and content designer, you will use your creative and software engineering/programing skills to design, build and improve websites to generate brand awareness for Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ week depending needs
- Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: 6 month - 12 months commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Create and manage digital-related projects for their organization
- Testing and improving the design of the website
- Maintaining appreciate of websites by enforcing content standards
- Designing visual imagery for websites
- Working with different content management systems
- Communicating design ideas
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites
- Establish our organization’s web presence
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Manage end-to-end digital projects
- Suggest and implement different direct marketing methods
- Suggest Social Media strategies to increase interaction across multiple platforms
- Create marketing materials including but not limited to social media messages, email newsletters, press releases, news articles and other content marketing pieces.
- Effectively promote programs and services through marketing and outreach campaigns.
- Test and analyze to identify that the strategies are working by preparing marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Ensure fulfillment of the mission of the organization
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- 2 years experience in one or more of the following areas; Marketing management, Graphic design, Digital Marketing, content development, public relations
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Prior experience in nonprofit environments is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with content management
- Knowledge of web design
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces; seen as a leader.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (both internal and external).