The Jewish Youth Climate Movement (JYCM) was founded by Hazon in 2020. We are dedicated to mitigating climate change by empowering teens, mobilizing our communities and taking action. JYCM believes in using Jewish values as a motivation to create a more equitable and sustainable world for all.
Hazon is seeking a part-time volunteer position with Hazon’s National Programs team for 8-12 hours per week from September 9, 2021 - December 20, 2021. This volunteer opportunity is remote and will be supervised by Liana Rothman, National Programs Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- 45 minute check-in and thought partnership session once a week with either the supervisor to touch base on how things are going. Space for questions and concerns.
- Twice a month Actions working group meetings (1 hour in the evening).
- Monthly full leadership board meetings (1.5 hrs on Sundays).
Support Internal and Public Programming
- Support the development of and attend public programming JYCM participates in, co-hosts, or leads.
- Communicate with partner organizations and institutions about running public education programming and trainings together.
- Support the creation and execution of public-facing events during larger campaigns.
- Support the implementation of the winter/spring JYCM Jewish Climate Activism Certificate program.
- Support planning, implementation and logistics of JYCM national youth climate conferences (virtual or in-person) and the annual JYCM national leadership board retreat.
- Maintain clear tracking of program participation through effective data systems and intentional digital recruitment designed to increase and improve JYCM’s engagement.
- Center DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) in all internal and public programming.
- Support planning of online fundraising campaigns.
- Send an email every Thursday to the national leadership team with 3-5 interesting and relevant resources that you find.
Looking for qualified applicants, with experience in:
- Ability to work in groups, and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with (or being part of) youth groups preferred.
- Great people skills, ability to meet new people and speak clearly and comfortably about the project.
- Experience leading or supporting online campaigns and events.
- Data management experience; experience with Google Drive and Excel.
- Strong social media and digital marketing experience.
- Experience with fundraising a plus.
- Strong writing skills.