Job: To tutor students for French (Math and/or Language if you wish)
Qualifications to be a volunteer:
- In order to ensure we are providing our students with quality tutoring we would like our volunteers to have an 80 or higher in Math and Language as well as be in grade 9 or higher.
- We also ask that you have good communication skills, are fluent in English and are comfortable and confident in explaining concepts and answering questions the student asks
- You will also need a device available to tutor the student for 2-3 months (depending on how long the student wants to be tutored)
- Once you are finished volunteering with that student you are required to sign a contract that says you have not falsified your hours and also get your student's signature as well. This is so we have proof of your involvement. If you choose to volunteer with more students you will be required to fill out this contract with every new student.
- If you are not conformable teaching a student because you are not good at explaining or helping them with their specific need or don't know much about their grade level but still want to volunteer here, please contact us.
- However, if you are not familiar with the work for that grade level we ask that you do some research first and try to understand it before you contact us about tutoring another student.
- The volunteer will earn hours according to how long they tutor for. If a session last one hour, they will earn one hour.