Blue Heart funds grassroots organizations building the political power of low-income communities and communities of color. In turn, we help develop and inspire an ethic of philanthropy in young folks seeking to engage with social and environmental justice issues. Every month, we feature a different community-led, grassroots organization in the Bay Area and nationally. We send our members stories from frontline movement builders, political education to understand the context and history of their movements, and a set of action opportunities to engage further. Our members make recurring monthly donations, the majority of which goes directly to our grassroots partner organizations. And a portion goes to our Creator's Fund, which makes small annual grants to support these organizations in communicating their revolutionary visions through collaborative projects with artists.
We are looking for a Member Engagement Manager to:
1. Support our engagement with current members in the Bay Area and across the U.S.,
2. Engage new members in a chapter expansion experiment (Seattle), and
3. Manage our member database.
This role has the opportunity to create and lead projects to deepen existing member engagement (e.g., virtual and in person events). Some of these tasks and projects may include new member onboarding, recruiting or engaging other volunteers, communicating with lapsed members, or other member-led event support.
• Folks who are deeply passionate about Blue Heart’s vision, mission, and values.
• Prompt communication habits (email, text, and Zoom).
• Experience working with volunteer teams and in administration.
• Experience with working in or supporting grassroots, movement organizations building a more just and beautiful world.
• We strongly encourage people of color, Indigenous, gender-oppressed, LBGTQI+, and differently abled people to apply.
Time commitment: up to 6 hours a month, with email responsiveness at least 3x/wk
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: this is a volunteer role.
Blue Heart funds grassroots organizations building the political power of low-income communities and communities of color. In turn, we help develop and inspire an ethic of philanthropy in young folks seeking to engage with social and…