CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Anjali House has the aim to work not only with the children but also with the community they come from. The program is huge: from assisting the students who have long-term difficulties to helping in developing the community library. Our social worker needs help in improving this program.
- Conduct interactive workshops in pairs with our social worker
- Workshops with our students and Future Leaders about self-regulation of behavior, anger management, hygiene, climate change
- Workshops with the parents about behavior, parenting skills, hygiene, budgeting, screens danger
- Improve our living values program
- Create curriculum to have a sustainable impact
- Expand our connection between Anjali and the community to establish a strong and trusting relationship
- Support the Anjali’s connection with local public schools
- Organize monthly events that gather students and families
- Expand our community library
- Expand our bond with other NGOs who run yoga classes or rugby with our students
- Connect with NGOs partners which have similar projects or services
- Conduct community and/or family surveys
- Work with families who request assistance
- Consult with students and families for any problems/issues: help to find a job, health assistance, learning difficulties ...
- Conduct family assessments
- Monitor and evaluate the social work program
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently studying a degree in social work/completed degree in social work
- Experience working in a social work environment
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and can easily adapt in unfamiliar situations
- Understanding of child protection policy
- Understanding of different cultures and the specificities of Cambodia
Minimum 3 months.
- Volunteers and interns can apply to this mission
- The volunteer/intern must be covered by medical insurance for the duration of the mission
- The volunteer/intern shall not receive any remuneration and shall be responsible for covering all costs incurred during the mission as we do not have the capacity to pay for these allowances
- As this role will involve direct contact with children a criminal background check will be required
- We ask volunteers for a one-off donation of $250 to go into our general budget, which supports our programs. The $250 contribution is to offset administrative expenses for volunteers and serves as a general contribution to our NGO; a standard practice at most charities in Southeast Asia.