CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
The young explorers attend English classes every day to improve their pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. They also attend various workshops: singing, painting, dancing and so on. Anjali is looking for a qualified individual who will assist our Khmer teacher in running English classes.
- Assist in class
- Support English classes with pronunciation, help in grammar and vocabulary in a playful atmosphere
- Provide creative and educational workshops to children
- Create a fun learning environment and bring new informal ways of learning English
- Lead any project according to his/her skills: choir, theater class, drawing, painting, sports, dance
- Participate in everyday life of Anjali
- Support the organization of annual events at Anjali: Halloween, Children’s Day, Christmas, Khmer New Year, etc.
- Help to supervise the children and ensure their safety
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with children
- Teaching experience will be highly regarded but is not essential
- Good organizational skills and flexibility
- Passion and interest in sharing your hobbies/talents with children
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Patience to work with a diverse group of children with a range of ability to communicate in English
- Understanding of our child protection policy
- Willing and able to live in a developing country with limited or different resources and standards of living
- Understanding and respect of Cambodian Culture
Minimum 3 months.
- Volunteers and interns can apply to this mission
- The volunteer/intern must be covered by medical insurance for the duration of the mission
- The volunteer/intern shall not receive any remuneration and shall be responsible for covering all costs incurred during the mission as we do not have the capacity to pay for these allowances
- As this role will involve direct contact with children a criminal background check will be required
- We ask volunteers for a one-off donation of $250 to go into our general budget, which supports our programs. The $250 contribution is to offset administrative expenses for volunteers and serves as a general contribution to our NGO; a standard practice at most charities in Southeast Asia.