The Board treasurer, if successfully elected at the annual meeting of Get Out To Stay Out, will hold office for a two-year term, or until a successor is elected an qualified, and is eligible for one additional consecutive two-year term.
- Manages finances of Get Out To Stay Out.
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Manages, with the Board's review of, and action related to, the Board's financial responsibilities.
- Works with President to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Assists the President in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Works with President to develop Fiscal Policies for recommendation to the Board to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of Get Out To Stay Out.
- Works with Board and President to develop long-term financial strategies.
- Keeps currently informed of legal and professional developments relating to the Board's financial responsibilities.