Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop partner networks and strategic partnerships in the education and nonprofit sectors in the United States.
- Using method driven approaches and processed to drive results through partnerships
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of Acorn's ongoing efforts - in particular our podcast series called EduPod.
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations or other partnerships.
- In conjunction with members of the Executive Team and the broader Acorn Team, expand and diversify the funding base/pipeline to further the impact of Acorn's major initiatives and existing collaborations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis, develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
- Project and promote Acorn's business initiatives to new audiences and partners
- Develop and manage partner agreements
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, strategic partnerships and management activities
- Commitment to empowering teachers and school administrators by elevating their voices and bringing to attention their efforts to support students and advance the education sector;
- Professional Experience in Strategic Sales, Business Development, and/or Marketing (either as a MBA student or a Bachelors with1+ year of professional experience)
- Strong analytic skills (financial, planning, operational)
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a matrix team environment and leading with high energy and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated success in that role and tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing partnerships over time
- Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow.
While Acorn appreciates anytime that a volunteer is willing to give, for this position we would like to see someone willing to commit at least 3-8 hours a week for 4 months.