Patrick's Kids Foundation, Inc. (PKF) is a 501(c)3 corporation, focused on using education to increase access and opportunities to the next generation, and helping to empower the next generation in Haiti to become change agents in their community.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference by using your talents to help underserved segments of our society and help improve the quality of lives of children and young adults? Are you interested in supporting educational products that help children to learn? Your grant writing expertise will aid us in successfully securing grants to continue bring our impactful programs to the underserved community. These additional resources will allow the foundation to expand its reach and to give hope by inspiring, motivating, connecting, and transforming the lives of these young people through education.
Please visit https://www.patrickskids.org/, https://www.facebook.com/patrickskids/, to learn about our labor of love and commitment to provide educational and literacy opportunities to deserving children and young adults in Haiti. We are excited to get started!
PKF is seeking an innovative, and outgoing grant writer with a demonstrable record of consistent grant writing success to research, write, prepare, submit, manage and coordinate grant applications and proposals to potential sponsors such as foundations, government and corporate sources. PKF’s programs provides its scholars with an engaging and interactive educational experience that assists in school readiness, academic intervention and enrichment. We look forward to working with you to help improve the quality of lives of children and young adults in Haiti.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from non-profits, charities, and other philanthropic organizations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required
· Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling, contact development, and business
· Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage
multiple projects and tasks
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email marketing, and CRM tools
· Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
· Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
· Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
· Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
· Research and identify grant opportunities based on funding amount needed, location, and organization project
· Track and create a calendar of grant opportunities – including deadline dates, required materials, etc
· Complete and submit grant applications to secure funding
· Successfully understand and communicate mission and vision of company applying for the grant
· Maintain chart of grant applications: including grants applied to, status of application, grant deadline
· Communicate with foundations, if needed, to confirm an organization is applicable to apply
· Identify all requirements of grant to ensure all necessary attachments are submitted on
Patrick's Kids Foundation, Inc. (PKF) is a 501(c)3 corporation, focused on using education to increase access and opportunities to the next generation, and helping to empower the next generation in Haiti to become change agents in their…