Job Overview: The Technology & Interface Manager aid in the transition from external to internal management of all IT services for the organization. The Technology & Interface Manager will work closely with IT Consultants to implement a high-tech infrastructure that will support the organization’s rapid growth, business operations, and maintain state-of-the-art cybersecurity. The Technology & Interface Manager will be responsible for creating and designing web elements that optimize user interaction and experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
· The Technology & Interface Manager is expected to reflect Mission1Race’s values and messaging.
· The Technology & Interface Manager leads the Information Technology function on behalf of Mission1Race.
- The Technology & Interface Manager will establish the procedures necessary for the IT department to support the organization, such as onboarding, security, updates and patches, and change management.
- The Technology & Interface Manager sets the standards for hardware, software, and services, such as the basic configuration for a new user’s computer.
- The Technology & Interface Manger is involved in all the paths and journeys. However, the Technology & Interface Manager is under M1Path.
- The Technology & Interface Manager ensures all technology systems and hardware are up to date.
- The Technology & Interface Manager develops, maintains, and implements information technology policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- The Technology & Interface Manager provides computer hardware support and troubleshooting, including PC and Mac operating systems to staff as needed.
- The Technology & Interface Manager provides, coordinates, and schedules training for all staff in the use of technology, either creating the training materials or working with training consultants.
- The Technology & Interface Manager oversees network administration, backup, and security protocols and establishing a business continuity/disaster recovery strategy for all applications and data.
- The Technology & Interface Manager defines visual elements, product elements, and overall design.
- The Technology & Interface Manager performs and implements user research for surveys and feedback.
- The Technology & Interface Manager creates and implements interaction models and user interface specifications.
- The Technology & Interface Manager collaborates on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs.
- The Technology & Interface Manager conducts user testing of applications, software, and websites.
- The Technology & Interface Manager will respond to all communications within 24 hours.
- The Technology & Interface Manager will meet with all direct reports weekly.
- The Technology & Interface Manager works with engineering, frontend, and backend developers as needed.
- A Highschool diploma.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Proven experience with UI design.
- Experience with multiple visual design programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and site mapping.
- Superior computer skills.
- Artistic eye for design, user interaction, functionality, and readability.
- Able to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team.
- A passion for technology and improving organizational systems!
- Project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex projects from conception to fruition.
- The ability to effectively lead, manage, and supervise information systems staff.
- Skilled in analyzing business processes and how IT can enhance them.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
Physical Responsibilities and Duties:
- This position requires 8 – 12 hours a week of donated hours.
- This position requires speaking and hearing.
- Frequent typing and writing are customary.
- Bending and twisting could occur regularly. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at certain times.