The Communications and Information Officer volunteer will bring their skill and enthusiasm to communicate the message and ethos of Africa Health Organisation (AHO) ensuring that those who need our services are aware of them while informing relevant stakeholders on the importance and impact of the work that we do. Internally, the Officer will coordinate the collection and sharing of information across the organisation to further enrich our culture and cross programme awareness. The Officer will provide advice and insight to the CEO to inform communication approaches and
developing and executing the everyday functions of our external and internal communications, as well as campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of our online presence and print media, including newsletters and e‐bulletins, as
- well as project‐specific marketing material. These will be focused on increasing awareness of our services amongst target audiences.
- Content Management Systems
- – Develop, manage, and update content for website, working with programmes to ensure accuracy and to ensure information is up to date and accessible for the people.
- Social media –
- Responsibility for all social media, including content gathering and scheduling.
- Assist with the preparation of print publications, including updating of templates for fliers,
- handbooks, etc
- Identify press opportunities and work with the Management to increase coverage of AHO’s
- Maintain an information database of project information, schedules, key contacts, and grant
- Press – Create press releases and statements as needed
- Digital - Plan and create multi-media communications materials
Qualifications and skills
- Qualification in communications/marketing/media or commensurate experience
- Two years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Experienced and regular user of IT platforms and communication tools.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication, with a focus on storytelling and case studies
- Ability to synthesis information from a variety of sources, prepare documents, edit and proofread
- Strong knowledge of digital communication tools and social media, and aptitude to keep informed on emerging trends
- Adaptability and ability to work on own initiative, with a focus on deadlines
- Understanding of marketing & branding
- Strong communicating and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of databases and information management systems
- Capacity to access, analyse and make appropriate use of relevant research
- Works effectively and constructively within a team