About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development — improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service — and have the time, skills and know-how to match — we want you as a School Group volunteer.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of direct reports and coordinating the development of all internal and external communications, including media relations — while partnering with other marketing team leaders — to help meet organizational goals for online traffic, subscribers, development, advocacy and fundraising. You will take ownership of all strategic public relations activities to drive media attention and expanding awareness of our brand and mission across channels — internally, locally, nationally, and internationally.
· Planning and overseeing all public relations, media outreach and internal communications and
· Managing and coordinating the PR/Comm. Team and day-to-day public relations and
· Managing workflow and projects for all communications activities, projects and initiatives.
· Defining brand visual aesthetic and maintaining quality standards across channels.
· Preparing monthly reports on PR and communications team results.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
· Minimum 3-5 years of public relations and communications experience in a nonprofit, agency or media
· A proven track record of generating media placements and managing PR and communications
campaigns, both internal and external.
· The ability to develop strong relationships with the media, bloggers, influencers and industry authorities.
· Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and public speaking skills.
· Prior nonprofit or media experience a BIG plus.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and SharePoint helpful.
· Experience working remotely as part of a team. · Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment. · Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase
outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills…