The Greater Washington Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse (JCADA) seeks a part-time (20 hours per week maximum) Digital Marketing Volunteer to represent JCADA’s mission to prevent, educate, and support the community on power-based violence, e.g. domestic violence, sexual abuse, elder abuse, stalking, and sexual harassment.
JCADA's mission is to:
SUPPORT victims of power-based violence to become empowered
and live safely;
EDUCATE the community about power-based violence and appropriate
PREVENT future generations from suffering
JCADA is committed to providing high quality services to all residents of the Greater Washington DC community without regard to race, national origin, ability, background, faith, gender, gender expression, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or immigration status.
The Digital Marketing Volunteer will work under the Prevention and Education Team (PET). PET includes community education programs and AWARE®. The PET team aims to create digital marketing to enhance prevention education via an intersectional, public health Socio-Ecological Model.
· Create and manage a social media calendar on power-based violence and related topics for JCADA and AWARE accounts
· Draft and post to JCADA’s and AWARE Instagram, Facebook, and twitter accounts
· Design our Learn Worlds course page.
· Assist in creating a brand book for JCADA and AWARE to solidify our brand identity.
· Assist in the creation of promotional materials.
· Research possible community partner contacts for marketing
· Write blog posts for JCADA
· Assist in training preparation and delivery.
· Other duties may be assigned depending on applicant interests and JCADA/AWARE needs
· Interest and commitment to power-based violence prevention and awareness
· Current majors/minors in public health, marketing, sociology, psychology, conflict
resolution/analysis, communications, public relations, social justice and women’s studies and related fields
· Familiarity with social media platforms: twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, and Facebook
· Interest and ability to design visual content in Canva, InDesign, or another platform.
*Please note that this is an unpaid opportunity The position ranges from 20-35 hours per week depending on availability. Fully remote position. Start date: May 17, 2021.
To Apply: Submit a resume, cover letter explaining why you want to work at JCADA, and your portfolio to email@example.com
If you do not have a portfolio design a sample Instagram post about teen dating violence and submit the image(s) and caption with hashtags as a complete post sample.
The Greater Washington Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse (JCADA) seeks a part-time (20 hours per week maximum) Digital Marketing Volunteer to represent JCADA’s mission to prevent, educate, and support the community on power-based…