The Technical Platform Director is responsible for shaping Core School Group’s LMS vision by managing the Cloud operations and Platform strategy. He/she will provide recommendations around cloud and technical infrastructure to build best-of-breed, robust, scalable solutions that are cost-effective yet capable of meeting the demands of the organization. This will be a highly visible, director level role that has responsibility for a core product infrastructure at the early-stage global nonprofit startup working to make quality education accessible worldwide through e-learning technology.
- Organize and manage projects and products, making detailed plans that work towards the Mission of SG.
- Direct, evaluate, and confirm product design and changes
- Direct the negotiation of research contracts and also prepare the company’s budget, bids, and contracts
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the organization
- Understand School Group’s vision and product strategy and own the Cloud strategy for the organization by leveraging best-in-class Cloud platforms that are cost-effective, robust, reliable and scalable.
- Define, develop and maintain the platform roadmap and architecture that addresses the SG’s need for redundancy, fault tolerance and high availability.
- Define standard operating procedures for infrastructure processes such as capacity planning, provisioning, security and encryption.
- Manage Microsoft 365 platform for School Group by defining best practices and implementing governance for tools such as Microsoft Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, AppDynamics and Power BI.
- Manage and mentor team members to deliver against the goals.
- Define key performance metrics/ KPIs and service level agreements for the Cloud/Platform Team and track the team’s progress against established KPI’s and SLAs.
- Develop deep knowledge of key business processes and core product roadmap.
- Create and maintain core product artifacts including KPI’s, architecture roadmaps, infrastructure design documents, cost estimates and licensing or software contract related documentation.
- Develop, maintain and manage platform related product backlog and sprints in partnership with the business and scrum teams.
- Collaborate with Product Development and other SG Teams to ensure seamless integration and hosting of LMS, CRM and Atlassian suite.
- Able to navigate competing priorities as well as evangelize and drive the adoption of standards and best practices across the Platform Team.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role, especially in product development.
- Excellent communication skills which they utilize when instructing and directing employees.
- Good logic and reasoning skills to be able to identify weaknesses and strengths of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent Organizational skills.
- Ability to handle projects/products under pressure and good people management skills.
- Previous experience working in the field of education preferred
- Non-Profit experience an advantage.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.