Elena’s Light is currently seeking a passionate, driven social media coordinator to create, develop, and maintain a strong online presence for our organization. Responsibilities include creating and curating content that promotes the organization on a variety of platforms, including social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) as well as more traditional avenues such as mass emails to our subscribers. Responsible for updating and maintaining the organization’s website; creating multimedia content such as presentations; implementing strategies to increase awareness of Elena’s Light and to attract more followers, subscribers, donors, etc.
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Collect sound bites, quick interviews, photos, and videos from volunteers to utilize on social media platforms and in other projects.
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around our various programs and projects.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social media platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Train volunteers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
- Confer and discuss with other staff members to determine message and design.
- Analyze the objectives, promotional policies, or needs of the organization to develop public relations strategies that will raise public awareness of Elena’s Light.
- Devise new ways to increase awareness of the organization and attract prospective donors, collaborators, etc.
- Establish and/or maintain collaborative relationships with other organizations and community representatives.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout and website so as to always reflect current projects and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant experience with implementing online marketing strategies and with managing and developing social media channels.
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), and Google Applications.
- Having a degree or currently being enrolled in Marketing, new media, or other relevant program would be a plus!
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics would be a plus!