PM Job Description
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and support programs.
"Your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser."
The PM plan, oversee, coordinate and document all progress of the specific project and individual tasks using Trello by promptly logging updates to provide visibility into the actual status of the project to the entire organization and ensure ample documentation to provide project continuity.
Project Manager Responsibility
* Gain a comprehensive understanding of the project’s scope, requirements, and develop a work breakdown structure using Trello.
* Plan, prioritize tasks, assign responsibilities, and document all progress of the specific project and individual tasks using Trello by promptly logging updates to provide visibility into the actual status of the project to the entire organization and ensure ample documentation in each card to provide project continuity.
One task per card. During weekly team calls and at all other opportunities please create a new Trello card for all new tasks/activity/action discussed.
* Ensure the team volunteers are assigned appropriate tasks according to their skills, experience, availability, and project timeline and promptly follow up each assignment to completion.
* Set realistic milestones and deadlines and keep all of the team’s volunteers focused on deliverables using Trello for time & resource tracking and Google Apps for document collaboration and Slack for the team’s communication.
Support/encourage/remind the team members to create documentation and weekly updates and plan their due dates on Trello.
* Organize and facilitate weekly project status meetings.
* Resolve team conflicts and roadblocks for the successful completion of projects.
Certification as a project management professional (PMP) is required or on-the-job experience in the line of work is a must.
Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your volunteers motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions for your volunteers.
Time Management: You will be working with volunteers requiring specific instructions and context.
Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
Excellent professional communication skills by phone, email, Slack and Trello.
Adopt Trello, Slack and Google Apps.
Reliable 24/7 internet access.Project managers are the volunteers in charge of a specific project or projects within Haiti Now.
As the Project Manager, your job is to gain a comprehensive understanding of the project’s objectives, breakdown the project in tasks or micro-tasks using Trello, identify tasks’ dependencies and plan priorities, identify the proper level of volunteers and the skills needed to
15 hours weekly minimum.
PM Job Description
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and…