The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are seeking dynamic, self-starting volunteers interested in joining our organisation as Council Secretaries at the Fellowship Scheme Bureau overseeing the BCI Fellowship Scheme.
As a member of the Executive Officer Grade, you will work in this role side by side with the Principal Assistant Director-General and Principal Executive Officer (Fellowship Scheme) (PEO(F)) helping with operational and administrative tasks as needed. You will also be responsible for ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted, maintaining effective records and administration, upholding the legal requirements of governing documents, charity law and company law.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing research briefings for Council Fellows’ consumption;
- Assisting in the management of Council projects on blockchain and various climate change policy areas;
- Liaising with the PEO(F) and Council Fellows to plan meetings;
- Receiving agenda items from committee members;
- Drafting and circulating agendas, discussion papers and reports;
- Taking minutes at Council meetings;
- Circulating approved minutes;
- Checking that agreed actions are carried out;
- Keeping up-to-date contact details (i.e. names, addresses and telephone numbers) of Council Fellows;
- Filing minutes and reports; and
- Maintaining a diary of future meetings.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent English writing;
- Close attention to details;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing work demands;
- Respectful and effective interpersonal relations;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex topics of discussion and write them up in concise minutes;
- Ability to work under pressure and keep deadlines for the preparation of documentation for the council;
- Ability to work according to policies and procedures.
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Basic knowledge of Airtable and/or Trello;
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training:
- A good degree in Public or Business Administration or similar;
- Experience with project administration or management.
- All Volunteers are expected to commit at least one day per week on average.