The Volunteer Relations Manager will lead the team that oversees HR Policies, organizational structure, classification, offboarding, and volunteer counselling. This role is key in maintaining efficiency across the organization with regards to managing School Group’s human capital.
- Counsel individual contributors and managers on a wide variety of issues related to staffing, structure, and volunteer service.
- Supervise the Volunteer Relations team and report on their performance.
- Oversee the strategic direction of the HR department, in collaboration with leadership team and Research & Strategy Advisor.
- Engage with volunteers and collect feedback on their experience in order to make improvements.
- Lead, drive, and assist in execution of HR initiatives and projects.
- Stay current on non-profit and remote talent trends.
- Set key metrics for team success.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- This role will interact with individual contributors and leaders at all levels of the organization across all departments.
- This position will supervise the Classification Specialist, the HR Generalist, and the HR Research & Strategy Advisor roles.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Organizational Psychology.
- 3+ years in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations, or Volunteer Coordinator role required.
- Diverse range of human capital knowledge, including classification, employee relations, and strategy.
- Ability to inspire and coach team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Can work a minimum of 10 hours a week for at least 6 months.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Organizational Psychology.
- Experience working remotely as part of a small team
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!