The Board Members must be familiar with Rukundo International’s missions and remain up to date on the laws regarding the 501(c) status of non-profit organization, employee law, and other pertinent legal and financial information.
- Stays in touch with other board members.
- Attends all meetings as scheduling may permit.
- Attends to assigned or volunteered duties.
- Remains active during discussions by contributing to the information, ideas, debates, plans, and bringing related information to the table.
- Willingly volunteers and accepts appointments for public fundraising activities and supports and encourages the fundraising team.
- Presents a professional attitude to the public
- Reviews the organization’s budget and financial reports
- Formalizes policies in regard to travel, meetings, and board member expenses that may be reimbursable
- Helps identify prospective donors and opens doors with introductions.
- Cultivates donors and asks for contributions, when appropriate.
- Recruits and votes on new board members, assisting in filling key positions when terms are expired.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong fundraising skills
- Qualified Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Committed to the message of Rukundo International.
- Strong strategic thinking and long-term vision capability
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Collaborative spirit
10-15 hours/month, at leisure
Attendance at quarterly fundraising events
Quarterly Board Meetings