We are looking for an experienced Director of Technology to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our company. An excellent director is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. As a small organization there will not be a need for day-to-day interaction with this board position. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Developing and overseeing SMART goals for hardware, software, and storage
- Creating and Maintaining company’s website
- Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with strategic solutions that increase data security
- Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling company to attain business goals.
- Negotiate and manage critical vendor relationships to maximize value and timeliness of external innovations. NPO status brings benefits.
- Identify and investigate advanced technologies offering company significant technical and financial benefits.
- Determining business requirements for IT systems
- Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary
- Overseeing departmental finances, including budgeting and forecasting
- Implementing executive policies
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities