The Sonder Project is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to empower impoverished communities through high-impact, sustainable development. We envision a world where each individual and community has the resources needed to improve their own lives, to lift themselves and future generations from poverty, and to live happy, meaningful lives. Headquartered in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, we currently run programs in the African countries of Burkina Faso and Malawi.
The Sonder Project is seeking a creative, organized, and tech savvy individual to support story writing, social media management, and e-mail marketing campaigns to increase supporter engagement and build the organization’s brand. The Communications Volunteer will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to develop a marketing plan to execute.
This position will require 5-10 hours per week for either 6 months or 1 year (depending on candidate availability).
· Convert content collected in our project countries into impact/brand stories to be posted on our blog and shared with supporters via e-mail and social media.
· Create, schedule, and manage the organization’s Facebook and Instagram accounts (2-3 posts to be scheduled per week).
· Grow the organization’s social media following by .
· Prepare e-mail campaigns via Mailchimp to share stories and increase donor engagement (At least 1/month)
· Communicate with The Sonder Project’s in-country Project Managers via WhatsApp to collect additional content as needed.
· Organize photo content in Google Drive to improve access and efficiency.
· Additional responsibilities as determined by the CEO
Additional Opportunities (depending on availability)
· Support virtual fundraising campaigns through marketing and tech support.
· Review content and create graphics to support The Sonder Project website and campaigns
· Strong written communication skills
· Effective organizational skills
· Strong sense of professionalism
· Ability to work independently in a remote work setting
· Open to feedback
· Genuinely interested in non-profit and/or international development work
· Belief in Core Values: Do the Most Good, Lead with Integrity, Listen to All Voices, One Global Community, Demand Equality, Believe in the Potential of Others, Pay it Forward
· Access to computer and internet connection
· International travel experience in the economically-developing world (a-plus!)
The Sonder Project is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to empower impoverished communities through high-impact, sustainable development. We envision a world where each individual and community…
To apply, please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the organization, and your goals to email@example.com with the Subject: “Application for Communications Volunteer”
To apply, please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the organization, and your goals to firstname.lastname@example.org with the…