Are you looking to channel your social media skills to support a humanitarian organization of dedicated medical professionals and specialists?
As Social Media Manager you will help increase Global Outreach Doctor’s (GoDocs) visibility and engagement on social media channels by crafting and implementing creative strategies and multimedia posts to engage new and existing audiences online and to expand awareness of GoDocs’ multi‐pronged efforts.
- Develop and implement creative ideas, content, and multimedia campaigns for online engagement around our programs, recruitment campaigns, fundraising, key events, and relevant news
- Identify, grow, and nurture GoDocs’ communities through Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms in concert with the organization's communications goals, and strategies
- Conceive and present ideas for bringing GoDocs’ to new communities using digital marketing
- Develop and implement strategies to engage in online communities /conversations that raise GoDocs’ profile, and build our presence externally
- Create and manage social media calendar
- Analyze key metrics (reach, engagement, etc.) and competitive landscape to create recommendations for improved performance
- Create and maintain social media guidelines, best practices, and presentations
- Create an active space for us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms based on content and specific target audiences
- Stay up‐to‐date on trends in social media for nonprofits and the public sector – including nonprofit fundraising on social platforms.
Key Skills and Background:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Passion for digital media, storytelling, and community engagement
- Track record of strategic thinking, and successful social media planning
- Creative and pragmatic with a proven ability to handle competing priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Understand metrics and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) including the ability to analyze performance, and translate analytics and industry best practices into practical steps for improved performance