AHO is looking for Fundraisers from across the world to help raise enough funds for its projects across Africa and the Diaspora. You can organise something simple like cake baking, marathon, etc to raise funds.
- Develop virtual fundraising events, challenge events, Fun events and other community fundraising initiatives.
- Carry out partnerships with schools, universities, faith groups and other community organisations for fundraising purposes.
- Maximise the use of digital and social media to promote fundraising events
- Develop fundraising events and products suitable for community groups, corporate employees, families and individuals.
- Develop tailored resources and fundraising packs.
- Contribute towards achieving the targets and outcomes of AHO’s fundraising strategy and annual fundraising plans.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the community and event fundraising, incorporating digital/virtual fundraising alongside traditional methods.
- Run community fundraising, including relationships with schools, universities and other community groups.
- Manage the charity’s online fundraising pages.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with sponsored event participants and community fundraisers to maximise income and encourage repeat participation.
- Use Mailchimp to develop content and communication journey with event participants.
- Research and design new fundraising events, initiatives and products suitable for the changing COVID-19 landscape.
- Produce and implement multi-channel marketing plans to promote the above products.
- Oversee and manage all community and events materials, including fundraising guides, running vests, collecting tins and other fundraising collateral.
- Write inspiring content for supporter communications and update fundraising pages of the AHO website.
- Activate employee fundraising initiatives.
- Manage, train and support fundraising volunteers as appropriate.
- Respond to general enquiries relating to Community Fundraising.
- Highly effective at persuasive, engaging and creative writing.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for AHO’s delivery approach and mission and values.
- Proven experience of delivering income growth in an event or community fundraising setting (preferably both).
- Experience of developing and successfully launching new community and/or events products.
- Proven knowledge of online fundraising tools and digital marketing.
- Experience of providing exemplary supporter stewardship, to strengthen and cultivate relationships with fundraisers
- A passion and motivation to raise money to support health and social care projects in Africa.