Volunteering Untapped Chicago is looking for a Communications Coordinator. This committee member will be working closely with our Director of Operations (Courtney Johnson). The estimated time commitment is approximately 3-5 hours/week, however the bulk of work occurs 2 weeks prior to our events and the week of our events.
If you would like to be considered, please complete the below form no later than 11:59pm CST on Tuesday, October 12th. You can reach out to Courtney at email@example.com with any questions.
- Writing at minimum 3 emails prior to our event (Launch email 2 weeks prior, Monday prior to event, Friday prior to event)
- Launching the Eventbrite and maintaining it
- Launching the Facebook Event
- Follow up emails via MailChimp
- Writing and assisting board members with any vital VU Chicago emails as needed
- Communicate via Slack with all VU Chicago board and committee members, as an open forum and method of organization
- Participate in quarterly Leadership team meetings. This is typically a 1 hour commitment 4 times a year outside of normal business hours (~6pm start time)
- Arrive at monthly events early and stay late to assist with set up and clean up of events
- Attend a minimum of 10 monthly events a year
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Fun, witty writing style
- Excellent communicator
- Creative thinker
- Has a passion for volunteering!
Volunteering Untapped Chicago is looking for a Communications Coordinator. This committee member will be working closely with our Director of Operations (Courtney Johnson). The estimated time commitment is approximately 3-5 hours/week…