The Jewish Youth Climate Movement (JYCM) was founded by Hazon in 2020. We are dedicated to mitigating climate change by empowering teens, mobilizing our communities and taking action. JYCM believes in using Jewish values as a motivation to create a more equitable and sustainable world for all.
Hazon is seeking a part-time volunteer position with Hazon’s National Programs team for 8-12 hours per week from September 9, 2021 - December 20, 2021. This volunteer opportunity is remote and will be supervised by Liana Rothman, National Programs Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- 45 minute check-in and thought partnership session once a week with the supervisor, to touch base on how things are going. Space for questions and concerns.
- Bi-monthly Communications Team meetings (1 hr on a weekday evening).
- Monthly full leadership board meetings (1.5 hrs on Sundays).
Support Internal and Public Programming
- Support the overarching design of public-facing campaigns.
- Work with Leadership Board members to plan for winter 2023 Jewish Teen Climate Organizing Conference.
- Maintain clear tracking of program participation through effective data systems and intentional digital recruitment designed to increase and improve JYCM’s engagement.
- Center DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) in all internal and public programming.
Support Maintenance and Growth of JYCM Visual Strategy, Social Media, and Online Presence
- Work with the Communications Team to create a strong JYCM brand and visual strategy.
- Continue to develop JYCM’s existing style guide to be used by the movement.
- Keep the Comms team accountable to posting on social media and gaining followers and attention every week (instagram, facebook, twitter, newsletter).
- Support the Comms team in expanding and maintaining the JYCM website -- creating a “join us” page with stories and testimonials, videos, link to the application form, info about becoming a Kvutzah/Chapter.
- Support the Comms team to center DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) in all communications work.
- Support planning of online fundraising campaigns.
- Support the newsletter team in content development, editing and draft and send it out from Salsa each month.
- Do prospective research to support the expansion of JYCM, working with Hazon’s Fundraising team to support grant research and proposals.
- Brainstorm fundraising ideas and campaigns and support their implementation.
Looking for qualified applicants, with experience in:
- Ability to work in groups, and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with (or being part of) youth groups preferred.
- Great people skills, ability to meet new people and speak clearly and comfortably about the project.
- Experience with strategy for online campaigns and event development.
- Data management experience; experience with Google Drive and Excel.
- Strong social media and digital marketing experience.
- Experience with fundraising a plus.